The Victory Congressional Fellowship brings one outstanding LGBTQ+ young professional to Washington, DC, for an intensive leadership program. The program includes:
- A 10-month fellowship supporting the Executive Director of the Congressional Equality Caucus
- An educational and leadership development program to learn about the legislative process and careers in policy-making
In December, the fellow will attend the LGBTQ+ Victory Institute’s annual International LGBTQ+ Leadership Conference for three days of training, skills building, networking, and discussion alongside hundreds of openly LGBTQ+ leaders in government, politics, advocacy, business, and community organizations.
The fellowship prepares young LGBTQ+ professionals to become informed decision-makers and influential leaders who can change their communities and our world.
Members of the Congressional Equality Caucus with Victory Institute President & CEO Annise Parker, and Victory Congressional Fellows.
Apply to the Victory Congressional Fellowship
Please submit your application to the Victory Congressional Fellowship by Sunday, May 5, 2024, via the online application. In addition to the application, please submit one letter of recommendation speaking to your qualifications to Leilani Fletcher, U.S. Programs Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Dates: September 2, 2024 – June 27, 2025
- Professional resume (one-page)
- Professional bio and headshot
- One letter of recommendation*
- Three short essay responses
- Other important contact and demographic information
*You must submit one letter of recommendation that speaks to your leadership and commitment to the LGBTQ+ community. Please have your recommender email the letter directly to Leilani Fletcher, U.S. Programs Manager, at email@example.com.
- Monthly living stipend totaling $39,000 over ten months
- This salary is in line with that of an individual making $46,800 per year.
- Monthly healthcare reimbursement of $400
- Airfare or other transportation to and from Washington, DC, at the beginning and end of the program
- Complimentary registration and access to LGBTQ+ Victory Institute’s LGBTQ+ Leaders Conference in December 2024
- Participate in one of Victory’s 4-Day Candidate & Campaign Trainings
- Plan and execute a Victory Policy Briefing on Capitol Hill (Spring 2025)
- Networking opportunities at numerous Victory events
- Access to a lifelong national network of Victory alumni
The Victory Congressional Fellowship is open to people of all genders, orientations, abilities, races, and political affiliations. All applicants must meet the following criteria to satisfy the Victory Institute and congressional requirements:
- U.S. citizen, legal permanent resident or permit to work in the U.S. (Foreign students with F-1 visas are not eligible)
- Bachelor’s degree or graduate degree from an accredited educational institution within three years of program start date
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- 21 years of age before the day of arrival in Washington, D.C.
- Active participation in public and/or community service activities
Meet the 2023-2024 Victory Congressional Fellow
Oliver Williams is the newest Victory Congressional Fellow named by LGBTQ+ Victory Institute. Learn more about him here.
LGBTQ+ Victory Institute extends our most sincere gratitude to our program supporters.
If you are interested in learning how you or your organization can support the Victory Congressional Fellowship Program, please contact Curtis Sakow, Director of Corporate & Institutional Giving, at firstname.lastname@example.org.