For over 30 years, LGBTQ Victory Fund and LGBTQ Victory Institute have helped to train, support and elect thousands of openly LGBTQ public officials at every level of government. Our leaders have been catalysts for expanding legal rights for LGBTQ people across the country, and they have transformed our nation’s policies and shifted our political landscape towards equality, one election at a time. Today, more than 1,000 LGBTQ Americans are serving in elected office due to the work of Victory Fund and Victory Institute, including nine members of Congress, two U.S. senators and two governors.
Victory is seeking a Development Officer. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Development Officer is responsible for fundraising for Victory Fund’s national events, building our sustaining donor program, and raising mid-level gifts of $1,200 – $10,000 through our Victory Cabinet donor program.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of raising gifts from individual donors and soliciting event sponsorships for non-profits. Membership, campaign fundraising, and/or other types of development experience is also desired. Commitment to the mission is a must.
- Manage and grow a portfolio of Victory Fund’s signature event sponsors and prospects in the $1,200 – $10,000 range.
- Expand fundraising efforts in new markets by researching and developing new mid-level donor prospects using a variety of solicitation tools, including: events, meetings, calls, and online communication.
- Identify and schedule donor prospect meetings around events for the President & CEO, other senior staff, board and VCB members.
- Expand the recurring donor program to build sustainable revenue for Victory’s programs.
- Collaborate and manage efforts with steering committees who function as local validators and volunteer fundraisers for Victory events. Assist in committee expansion and profitability.
- Manage relationships, communications and giving plans with Victory Cabinet members around the country and attend in-person meetings and events (when travel is again allowed).
- Work with development, political, and leadership program staff, as well as the board of directors, to identify new and creative methods for increasing revenue.
- Assist with the management of events.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; plus, 2-5 years of experience in, membership, event and/or individual donor fundraising; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Experience and commitment to working within a team environment to meet hard fundraising targets established through annual budgeting.
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and goals.
- Impeccable follow up and follow through.
- Detail oriented with strong organization and critical thinking skills.
- Strong ability to prioritize requests and delegate.
- Dexterity to work in a fast-paced, campaign-oriented environment.
- Willingness to work beyond traditional business hours.
- Excellent time and project management skills; able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to travel 40% of time when travel is again allowed.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite.
- Experience with EveryAction a plus.
Position is preferred to be based in Washington, DC.
The salary for this position is $55,000 – 65,000. Please include salary requirements in your materials. Full-time staff are eligible for Victory’s comprehensive benefits package including medical, vision, dental, health reimbursement account, medical flexible spending account, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, 401k, parental leave and generous paid time off.
Victory is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Please send a resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements and how you learned about this opportunity to email@example.com. No phone calls or walk-ins please.