Victory Seeks Digital Communications Manager to support Victory’s Communication Efforts
Join our team and help LGBTQ candidates win big!
For over 28 years, LGBTQ Victory Fund and LGBTQ Victory Institute have helped to train, support and elect thousands of openly LGBTQ elected officials at every level of government. Our leaders have been catalysts for expanding legal rights for LGBTQ people across the country, and they have transformed our nation’s policies and shifted our political landscape towards equality. Today, more than 740 LGBTQ Americans are serving in elected office due to the work of Victory Fund and Victory Institute, including eight members of Congress, two U.S. senators and two governors.
Victory Fund and Victory Institute are seeking a Digital Communications Manager. Reporting to the Senior Director of Communications, the Digital Communications Manager is responsible for delivering on-brand, compelling content and analyzing results to increase web traffic, online donations and email acquisitions. The person is also responsible for creation of print marketing materials and will assist the Senior Director of Communications with media outreach when necessary.
The Digital Communications Manager should be strategic and data-driven, understand the LGBTQ movement and U.S. politics, and enjoy being creative and implementing big ideas. The ideal candidate will have traditional and digital communications experience, strong writing abilities, and an ability to manage many deadlines and projects at once. Commitment to the mission is a must.
Preference is given to applicants with some digital advertising, email acquisition and/or Google AdWords experience (but it is not required).
- Draft compelling content for websites, social media and organization blogs, and ensure all online content aligns with brand and messaging strategies.
- Devise, test and implement optimization strategies to improve website, digital ads and social media performance related to organizational goals.
- Leverage social media, online actions and digital promotions to increase list growth, brand awareness and online fundraising.
- Conduct and share timely and regular analysis of website and social media performance via weekly reports.
- Keep websites fresh with regular updates and work with consultants to troubleshoot website issues as they arise.
- Create print marketing materials for organization and events – including event invites, event signage, event programs, organizational program brochures and other print materials as needed.
- Assist with production and creation of annual reports, research briefings and other reports.
- Lead implementation of National Out to Win Day – including website, social media strategy, partnership outreach, tools and marketing.
- Create graphics for websites, landing pages and social media, and edit videos as required.
- Make recommendations on new technologies and strategies that could increase the effectiveness and visibility of online presence.
- Coordinate production and technical needs with contractors/vendors as required.
- Depending on experience, manage digital advertising, email acquisitions and/or Google AdWords.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; plus at least two years related experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong writing, proofreading and editing skills.
- Must be extremely well-organized with an ability to manage and meet dozens of short and long-term deadlines.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and perform a wide variety of tasks over the course of the workday.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.).
- Understanding of managing websites and basic HTML/CSS skills.
- Experience in social media strategy and managing organizational social media accounts.
- Interest in and knowledge of the LGBTQ movement and/or progressive issues, and U.S. politics.
Victory is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Please send a cover letter including salary requirements and resume to [email protected]. Salary range is $50,000 – $58,000. No phone calls or walk-ins please.