The Development Intern will gain an inside look at the daily work of Victory Institute’s development team by shadowing staff members, observing donor outreach, and providing direct assistance and support to the team in all areas of fundraising. The ideal candidate should want a detailed understanding of donor relations, prospect research and outreach, and fundraising strategy, in addition to training in Salesforce.
- Conducts research on donor prospects, including past gVictory Instituteiving and contact information.
- Provides crucial event support, including ticket processing and database management.
- Shadows development team senior staff in meetings and phone calls with potential donors, current donors, board members and other staff as available.
- Fields general line phone calls, addressing questions as able and forwarding all other inquiries to appropriate staff.
- Provides data entry assistance to Development Team members, with emphasis on accuracy and efficiency.
- Assists with printing, collating and handling of donor appeals, Victory information packets, acknowledgement letters and other mailings.
- Participates in weekly team meetings, where fundraising strategy and planning are discussed.
- Other duties as assigned by members of the Development Team.
The ideal candidate should be interested in learning about non-profit management and leadership as well as LGBTQ politics with a focused interest in resource development and fundraising. Experience in an office environment, prospect research or direct donor solicitation a plus, but not required.