Title: Development Associate
Reports to: VP of Development
For over 29 years, the Victory Fund and Institute have helped to train, place, and elect thousands of openly LGBTQ public officials at every level of government. Our leaders have been catalysts for expanding legal rights for LGBTQ people across the country, and they have transformed our nation’s policies and shifted our political landscape towards equality, one election at a time. Today, some 850 LGBTQ Americans are serving in elected office due to the work of Victory, including seven Members of Congress, two U.S. Senator, and two Governors.
Victory is seeking a dynamic Development Associate to support our expanding fundraising and development program, including individual major gifts, corporate and foundation grants, sponsorships and political contributions. The right candidate will have ample opportunity to advance their development knowledge in multiple areas of nonprofit and political fundraising. The ideal candidate is organized, strategic, detail-oriented, energetic, self-motivated, flexible and able to balance multiple assignments. They will also take initiative to learn new skills and problem solve, as well as understand and anticipate needs. We are looking for candidates with some level of fundraising experience, either as a professional or volunteer, and who are committed to the organization’s mission to advance LGBTQ equality through representation in public office.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist the VP of Development and other team members to raise funds through major donor campaigns, sponsorships, special appeals, events, grants and other revenue generating streams.
- Network, solicit, and follow up with donors and sponsors.
- Maintain, update and ensure the accuracy and integrity of donor information in database.
- Research donor information and compile briefing memos and proposals for senior team members.
- Edit grant and sponsorship proposals.
- Assist in major donor stewardship that includes phone-calls, email updates, and invitations for events.
- Implement a major donor onboarding program and track activities.
- Create and update development marketing collateral.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of our national events portfolio by supporting the Events Manager.
- Aid in executing on-site logistics for day-of event needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; prior experience in fundraising is a plus
- Commitment to working within a team environment to meet hard fundraising targets established through annual budgeting
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and via email
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and goals
- Impeccable follow up and follow through
- Detail oriented with strong organization and critical thinking skills
- Strong ability to prioritize requests
- Dexterity to work in a fast-paced, campaign-oriented environment
- Interest in LGBTQ politics
- Excellent time and project management skills; able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to travel when COVID restrictions lift
- Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite
- Experience with EveryAction database a plus
Victory is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Please send a resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements and how you learned about this opportunity to [email protected] No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Salary range for this position is $40,000 – $50,000