Victory Seeks New Corporate & Foundation Gifts Manager to Support Fundraising Efforts
Join our team and help LGBTQ candidates win big!
For over 25 years, the Victory Fund and Institute (Victory) have helped to train, place, and elect thousands of openly LGBTQ public officials at every level of government. Our leaders have been catalysts for expanding legal rights for LGBTQ people across the country, and they have transformed our nation’s policies and shifted our political landscape towards equality, one election at a time. Today, some 500 LGBTQ Americans are serving in elected office due to the work of Victory, including 6 Members of Congress, and the nation’s first out U.S. Senator. The Gay & Lesbian Victory Institute works to achieve full equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people by building, supporting, and advancing a diverse network of LGBT public leaders from around the world. Victory’s suite of programs is aimed at growing the skills and leadership capacity of participants from college-aged to mid-career public servants in the United States and abroad.
Victory is immediately seeking a motivated and driven Corporate and Foundation Gifts Manager (Gifts Manager) who is passionate about building and supporting a diverse network of LGBT leaders in the United States and abroad. The Manager will play a key role in ensuring that the Victory Institute has the necessary resources to reach even more current and future LGBT elected and appointed officials.
The Gifts Manager is an integral part of Victory’s Leadership Initiatives team and will work directly with the team’s vice president and directors to identify and secure funding to enable Victory to expand its training and leadership development programming to LGBT leaders in public service at all stages of their careers.
The Gifts Manager will primarily support programmatic fundraising from corporate and private foundation sources. The Gifts Manager will also provide some logistics support to the team particularly around recruitment and trainings. The Gifts Manager will be part of a team of dedicated and committed staff who work hard at ensuring out leaders have the tools they need to succeed. Successful candidates will share our passion for that mission.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of two years in nonprofit fundraising
- Experience in building and maintaining long-term relationships with funders and prospects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage responsibilities independently
- Ability to work effectively with potential donors at high levels of corporations and foundations
- Ability to cultivate positive working relationships internally and externally
- Dependable memory for details about people and their accomplishments.
- Ease with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint, including demonstrated experience comfort with templates, formatting and data visualization.
- Demonstrated passion for LGBT equality.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Experience working with databases is a plus.
- Conversational and written fluency in Spanish is a plus.
Victory is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Please send a cover letter, including salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls or walk-ins please.