Join LGBTQ Victory Institute, ACLU of Mississippi, Human Rights Campaign Mississippi, Mississippi Votes, and TRANS Program for a day-long, interactive leadership development training for LGBTQ leaders, advocates, and activists in Mississippi. Jackson LGBTQ Leadership Summit trainees will participate in collaborative workshops and discussions on how to run for office or enter public service as an openly LGBTQ individual as well as develop an effective personal narrative. Speakers will include:
- Alabama State Representative Neil Rafferty
- Fabian Nelson, former Mississippi State House candidate
- Carlton Smith, former Mississippi State Senate candidate
- Jason McCarty, Executive Director of MS Capital City Pride
- Ruben Gonzales, Executive Director of LGBTQ Victory Institute
Trainees will also spend the day networking with LGBTQ leaders from around Mississippi.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID-19 and the recent spread of the Omicron strain, we are pushing the date back from February 12, 2022 to February 26, 2022. We look forward to seeing you on the 26th!
Space is limited and reservations will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. The training will be capped at 20 participants for COVID safety. The deadline for registration is February 25, 2022.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Our work bringing an LGBTQ Leadership Summit to Jackson would not be possible without our partners, ACLU of Mississippi, Mississippi Votes and TRANS Program.
- The ACLU of Mississippi is dedicated to promoting, defending, and extending civil rights and civil liberties to all Mississippians with emphasis on issues related to criminal justice reform, education opportunities, equal access/equality for all, voting rights, and governmental transparency and accountability. We accomplish our mission through legislation, litigation and advocacy.
- Human Rights Campaign Mississippi strives to end discrimination against LGBTQ+ people and realize a world that achieves fundamental fairness and equality for all. HRC envisions a world where lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer people plus community members who use different language to describe identity are ensured equality and embraced as full members of society at home, at work and in every community.
- Mississippi Votes is an organization of intergenerational synergy centering and led by young people invested in the progression of Mississippi. We do this through our programming and outreach strategies that empowers young people, encourages civic engagement, and educates communities on voting rights through place-based grassroots organizing.
- The Transgender Resources, Advocacy, Networking & Support (TRANS) Program is a community organized and transgender led initiative that strives to improve the lives of transgender and gender non-conforming people of Mississippi.