Join Victory Institute for a day-long, intensive training for LGBTQ leaders from the Houston metropolitan region. Houston Leadership Summit trainees will participate in discussions on how LGBTQ leaders can successfully and effectively advocate for equality in today’s political climate. Trainees will also spend the day developing the skills needed to take the next steps in public service.
Featured speakers include:
- State Representative Celia Israel, Texas House of Representatives, District 50
- Former Mayor Annise Parker, City of Houston
- District Attorney Kim Ogg, Harris County
- Council Member Mike Laster, Houston City Council, District J
- Judge Steven Kirkland, 334th District Court, Harris County
- Aisha C. Moodie-Mills, President & CEO, Victory Fund & Institute
- Tammi Wallace, Co-Founder/Co-Chair, Greater Houston LGBT Chamber of Commerce
- Lou Weaver, Transgender Programs Coordinator, Equality Texas
- Fran Watson, President, Houston GLBT Political Caucus
- Melanie Pang, Co-Chair, Mayor’s LGBTQ Advisory Committee, City of Houston
- Mike Webb, President, Delta Phi Upsilon Houston Chapter
- Jessica Zyrie, Community Outreach Specialist, Bee Busy Wellness Center
Space is limited and reservations will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. The deadline is April 21.
For more information, email Reggie Greer at firstname.lastname@example.org.