Are you ready for us, Houston?
Victory Institute is bringing its signature Candidate & Campaign Training back to Houston, Texas this April 11-14 as part of our efforts to train a diverse pipeline of LGBTQ leaders to run for office and win! After the incredible Rainbow Wave we had in the 2018 midterm elections, we’re ready to create an even BIGGER wave in 2019!
Understanding how to develop a winning strategy that uses campaign tools effectively is what leads a campaign to victory. Our four-day Candidate & Campaign Training provides comprehensive, non-partisan training to present and future LGBTQ candidates, campaign staff and community leaders. Participants will learn the necessary skills and strategies by engaging in tough, realistic campaign situations, and hearing from our campaign experts.
We’ve trained thousands of openly LGBTQ people on how to build winning campaigns — including former Houston Mayor Annise Parker, Colorado Governor Jared Polis, and Virginia State Delegate Danica Roem.
We are still accepting applications! The sooner you submit, the better we’ll reach out to schedule a brief phone call.
- Submit an online application.
- Staff will review and reach out for a brief 15-minute call regarding your interest.
- After review, you will receive notice of whether or not you will attend the training.
- Staff will send you registration information to fill out.
- Pay program costs and you’re officially set to be a trainee!
- $350.00 for training materials, most meals, and a shared double-room
- $550.00 for training materials, most meals, and a private single room
Note: These are fixed costs. Regardless of whether you live locally or not, you must select one one of these two prices. It’s recommended you stay at hotel due to long days/nights each day.
- Day 1: Training begins Thursday in the evening, 5pm-late in the night
- Day 2/3: Friday and Saturday, 7am-late into the night
- Day 4: Sunday training concludes at 11:00am.
Curriculum and agenda breakdown here.
View our Frequently Asked Questions here.