LGBTQ+ Victory Institute is bringing its signature Candidate & Campaign Training to Phoenix, AZ on February 1-4, 2024, as part of its efforts to train a diverse pipeline of LGBTQ+ leaders to run for office and win!
Understanding how to develop a winning strategy that uses campaign tools effectively is what leads a campaign to victory. Our four-day Candidate & Campaign Training provides comprehensive, non-partisan training to present and future LGBTQ+ candidates, campaign staff and community leaders. Participants will learn the necessary skills and strategies by engaging in tough, realistic campaign situations, and hearing from our campaign experts.
We’ve trained thousands of openly LGBTQ+ people on how to build winning campaigns — including former Houston Mayor Annise Parker, U.S. Congressman Robert Garcia, and Virginia State Delegate Danica Roem.
- Submit an online application.
- Staff will review your application.
- After review, you will receive notice of whether or not you will attend the training.
- Staff will send you registration information to officially be a trainee.
- Apply by January 5, 2024 for priority consideration for Western CCT in Phoenix, AZ
- Rolling applications with final application deadline for Western CCT in Phoenix, AZ: January 26, 2024
- $400.00 for all program materials, training fees, food, and a shared double hotel room for 3-nights
- $675.00 for all program materials, training fees, food, and a private single hotel room for 3-nights
Note: These are fixed costs. Regardless of whether you live locally or not, you must select one of these two prices. It’s required that program participants stay at host hotel due to long training days/nights.
- Day 1: Training begins Thursday in the evening, 5pm-late night
- Day 2/3: Friday and Saturday, 8am-late night
- Day 4: Sunday training concludes at 12:00pm.
Curriculum and agenda breakdown here.
View our Frequently Asked Questions here.